Do you recommend Locoid (hydrocortisone butyrate) Lipocream for eczema?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

Well, no. I recommend Hydrocortisone 0.
5 to 1% creams purchased otc but i tell folks to choose generic brands for cost. This is the weakest strength of any steroid cream. There are clearly times when it will not be sufficiently potent to treat a flare of eczema. On the other other hand i would not recommend stronger corticosteroids for the face.

Well, no. I recommend Hydrocortisone 0.
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Expensive

Generic triamcinolone comes in a 1# jar for 1 copay.
You can buy an 80 gram tube with $10 and a prescription. You can then use a lubricating cream, especially after a bath or shower.

In brief: Expensive

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan