Sharp pain and discomfort on my top right side of my rib cage below my right breast. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Steven Bowers

In brief: Don't ignore

Although most causes of the type of pain you describe are not serious, in some cases this can represent something serious, like pneumonia or a blood clot.
Of course there are signs and symptoms that make these possibilities more concerning, like fever or shortness of breath. A visit to your primary care provider will help to sort this out. High fever or severe difficulty breathing? Er visit.

In brief: Don't ignore

Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Adam Levy