I take 50 mg nortriptyline and 500mg methocarbamol for fibromyal / muscle spasms n, now my diastolic BP is at60- is this due to the meds?

Dr. Troy Ross
Occupational Medicine

In brief: May be connected

A diastolic blood pressure in the 60s is normal.
If it was higher on the past it might have been effected by pain. So the meds may be helping by getting rid of the pain. If you're looking for a more natural solution to your fibromyalgia look into taking vitamin d, fish oil, and magnesium supplements. Those can address the underlying problem versus the meds you're taking which only mask symptoms.

In brief: May be connected

Dr. Troy Ross
Dr. Troy Ross
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Drugs

The meds you are taking can lower bp, both systolic and diastolic.

In brief: Drugs

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine