3 months ago i had an appendectomy for appendicitis. Wbc had low lymphocytes and high neutrophils. Should i ask for the blood test to be repeated?

Dr. Margaret Hayes

In brief: Neutrophils

White blood cells fight infections.
There are five kinds of white cells and each specialize in a certain type of infection. Neutrophils fight bacteria and fungus. Your neutrophil count was high because you had appendicitis and that was cured by the appendectomy. Lymphocytes specialize in fighting virus and some bacteria. Chances are you had this tested after your surgery, ask your doctor.

In brief: Neutrophils

White blood cells fight infections.
Dr. Jack Gutman
Surgery

In brief: Appendicitis

Not if you are feeling well.
Your blood count was appropriate for your disease state. I am sure there was a change in the blood count before you were discharged from the hospital.

In brief: Appendicitis

Not if you are feeling well.
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery