I'm 4 1/2 weeks postpartum via csection & i'm breastfeeding. 2wks ago my lochia was basically done then I started heavy & red & still going. Normal?

Dr. Willa Terry

In brief: Maybe

If you've started on the progestin-only birth control pill (the "minipill") or gotten the birth control shot (depo-provera), you're likely to have spotting for a month or more; otherwise see you doctor for an early post-partum check.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Yes, it can be

You can have bleeding off and on during the postpartum period.
Breastfeeding causes contractions of the uterus. This is a normal pattern. Breast feeding helps the uterus return to normal size quicker. The bleeding is the shedding of lining. If you are soaking more than 1 pad in an hour or passing large clots call your obstetrician.

In brief: Yes, it can be

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Jane Van Dis