Stage 2b, her 2 breast cancer, 40 yrs old-dx 4/13-neoadjuvant treatment. Just recently diagnosis with several pulmonary emboli. What should I ask my doctor?

Dr. Paul Collins
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Cause and Treatment

Cancers can cause blood clots most often as a result of not walking after recent surgery with a blood clot forming in the legs which then breaks off and goes to the lungs.
This is treated with blood thinning medications and if contraindicated a vena caval filter can be placed which catches the clots. Why you developed this and how long and what type of treatment for this is advisable to ask.

In brief: Cause and Treatment

Dr. Paul Collins
Dr. Paul Collins
Dr. Uzma Chaudhry

In brief: Blood thinners

Cancer causes the blood to get thick and can cause clots that travel to the lungs.
Ask ur doc if she needs to b on blood thinners and for how long.

In brief: Blood thinners

Dr. Uzma Chaudhry
Dr. Uzma Chaudhry
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology