I had mild liver lacerations after an accident last week.. Can I drink alcohol?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Alcohol liver injur
If you do not have a preexisting liver disease like hepatitis b orc, or alcoholic liver disease, then by drinking alcohol in moderation will not cause any major problem.But to be absolutely safe and to help the healing of the laceration, i will advice to refrain from alcohol till the laceration has had enough time to heal.
You did not mention if you had surgical repair of the laceration or not.

In brief: Alcohol liver injur
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
2 comments
Dr. Yash Khanna
If the enzymes are still elevated you should not drink alcohol as it may effect the natural healing process.One thing is sure you will recover with a scar in your liver after the healing is complete.Then you may resume alcohol in moderation only
Dr. Yash Khanna
That is my recommendation till your enzymes come down to narmal.
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: If you have been
If you have been cleared by the doctors, moderate consumption should be just fine.
Good luck from nyc.

In brief: If you have been
Good luck from nyc.
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine