After researching fibromyalgia/ibs, I discovered it is linked to accutane. Its ruined my life and I hardly leave the house. Tips on overcoming this?

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: See a specialist
See a physician with expertise in managing fibromyalgia, perhaps a rheumatologist who can also assure that your problem is not accutane-induced enthesitis.

In brief: See a specialist
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Lonna Larsh
In brief: Difficult situation
A small percentage of people who take Accutane develop fibromalgia or ibs.
The most important thing for your recovery is finding a doctor that you are comfortable with who can help you find the best treatments. A functional medicine doc might be the best route to go. Regular exercise, a healthy diet, good sleep and stress reduction are crucial. Some medications can be helpful.

In brief: Difficult situation
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Adam Smith