I can't swallow capsules so can I open one and take probiotics directly on my tongue?

Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Ophthalmology

Not being pro or against probiotics, yes you can open the capsule, but best spread over food and take it.
Medical capsules are different, if they are slow release, sr, xr etc. You should never open and take the contents at one time since often the capsule is designed for slow release.

Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Dr. Robert Hulbert
Dentistry

In brief: Medication

It depends on the medication.
Some capsules have coatings that determine where in the digestive track it should be absorbed. This is more critical for certain meds. The prescribing doctor should be aware and or your phamicist. For some medicine. It is critically important that medications be taken as directed. Good luck.

In brief: Medication

It depends on the medication.
Dr. Robert Hulbert
Dr. Robert Hulbert
Dr. Steven Seres