Does Xanax (alprazolam) retain water in d body thus increasing your weight and if so y do I get just as dehydrated as everyone else I run races against. Cheers.?

Xanax (alprazolam) and running. Water retention is not a common complaint among people taking xanax (alprazolam). It is listed as a possible side effect however. Unfortunately water retention is not going to help you run faster, nor help prevent dehydration because the retained water leads to edema in the extremities, making your limbs heavier - like wearing boots instead of running shoes! The water is not where your body needs it!
No. Xanax (alprazolam) does not necessarily cause water retention. If it affects your kidneys from an existing kidney problem, then it might a little. You still need to drink plenty of fluids with physical activity.