My mom had a car accident and she has a 3 right rib fructure. Is it okay not to attend to a theraphys. ?

Dr. SG Erman

In brief: Depends

It can depend on a lot of things, but physical therapy is not usually mandatory for rib fractures.
I would check with her physician about what they want to accomplish.

In brief: Depends

Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. Yash Khanna
RIB FRACTURES HEAL BY THEMSELVES WITHOUT ANY PHYSICAL THERAPY,ALL YOU NEED IS IN THE ACUTE PHASE IS SOME PAIN MEDS AND AFTER THAT NATURAL HEALING TAKES OVER.Physical therapy can be painful and serves no purpose in healing
Dr. Gregory McCarty
Emergency Medicine

Rib fractures can be very painful and can take quite a while to heal.
The important part thing to do is to take deep breaths so that the dependent part of your lung stays inflated and does not lead to pneumonia. The best way to do this is adequate pain management and getting up and around. As far as activity i usually advocate letting pain be your guide and advancing as your pain improves.

Dr. Gregory McCarty
Dr. Gregory McCarty
Dr. Danny Westmoreland

In brief: Probably not

Heat would not be appropriate for acute injury.
Ultrasound creates heat by causing cellular vibration, not god for fractures. I would not recommend it.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery