With foot problems from diabetes what else should I be looking for?

Eye and hand proble. Diabstes is a systemic disease. It affects multitude of organs and systems. It affecs kidneys, peripheral blood vessels, peripheral nerves, the eyes, to mention the few. In the extremities, it affects the sensation in the form of peripheral neuritis causing tingling, pain, numbness thereby making it prone to trauma because of lack of feeling and when the skin breaksdown healing become difficult beacuse.
Multiple factors. The most common risk factors for ulcer formation include diabetic neuropathy, structural foot deformity, trauma and peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Any calluses are signs of increased pressure (usually associated with a deformity) so you have to check your feet regularly for any calluses. Redness, swelling, and warmth are also areas of concern.
Diabetic foot issues. The big risk is foot infection. Since diabetics often have altered sensation in the feet, an infection can start and not be felt. Good foot care and regular examination of the feet are important. Never walk barefoot. Never allow anyone to trim toenails other than a podiatrist or other professional. Good control of blood sugar is essential but may not prevent progression of the problem.
Diabetic foot. I recommend daily self exam of the feet, avoiding excessive moisture, no soaking in water, take care of nails and ingrown nails. Wears cotton socks and no bare foot waking. Comfortable shoes and avoid tight shoes. Controlling blood sugars through diet and medications would postpone neuropathy, other complications.