My 7 months old formula fed son is constipated, i started him on baby food.Tried giving him prune juice but unsucessful.What else can I give him?

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal

In brief: Depends

Try to find out if a particular food is causing this.
I've noticed sweet potato, bananas and some cereals often do (but it could be something else). Try to eliminate that food or at least decrease. If none found, then make sure baby is getting enough liquids and fiber in diet. Then, you can try giving prunes and other fruits in higher amounts. If still not better, talk with your pediatrician.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Diet modification

Reduce the amount of milk and milk products he is eating.
Increase his vegetable and fruit intake, increase complex high fiber cereals. Continue the prune juice for now.

In brief: Diet modification

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Cindy Juster