What's the upshot of getting ectopic pregnancy?

Life threatening. Ectopic pregnancy can result in life threatening internal bleeding. The risk for an ectopic pregnancy is increased in a woman with a history of pelvic infections, pelvic surgery, previous ectopic pregnancy, and endometriosis. Most ectopic pregnancies are treated surgically, but when diagnosed early, an ectopic pregnancy can be treated medically.
Pregnancy in tube. An ectopic pregnancy is one in which the embryo starts developing outside the uterus. It is most common in the fallopian tube, but can occasionally occur in other places, like on an ovary, or on the outside of the uterus. An ectopic pregnancy can cause the woman's fallopian tube to rupture and she can die from internal bleeding if it is not treated. Treatment can be with medication or surgery.