I've had severe hyperhidrosis as long as i can remember. Now have low blood volume and potassium defiency (not from diet). I drink a lot of water but might i be losing too much sodium and potassium?

Dr. Eric Hastriter
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Hyperhydrosis

Fluid balance is tricky.
One mustaumtain a salt balance to hold any water that one drinks. Body weight divide in half should be a good estimate of your daily intake of water. Urine should be clear, salt should be present in diet. No caffeine for sure! if you still have your symptoms you should see your physician as there are other causes of salt or other mineral imbalances. Hope this helps.

In brief: Hyperhydrosis

Fluid balance is tricky.
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Electrolytes

Based on the description you gave, I am not sure what is being asked.
If you want to know whether you are losing sodium and potassium, i won't know unless you find it out by doing specific tests to determine that. Hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating, but this doesn't necessarily mean you will lose salts through sweat.

In brief: Electrolytes

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc