What if I don’t want to take estrogen or my health care professional recommends that I not take it?

Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
In brief: That's OK
No one has to take estrogen if they don't want to do so.
However, if you are menopausal, you should make sure you have testing for osteoporosis risk as bone loss due to lack of estrogen can be prevented by other means as well.

In brief: That's OK
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. Troy DeLong
Pharmacology
In brief: What if?
Question is a little confusing.
The bottom line is that hrt (hormone replacement therapy) is not appropriate for everyone. It would not be advisable for general, overall health. If there is a specific reason such as osteoporosis, severe vasomotor symptoms, this is a different story. Ultimately it is best to have a detailed discussion with your doctor detailing the pros and cons.

In brief: What if?
Question is a little confusing.
Dr. Troy DeLong
Dr. Troy DeLong
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham