What is the safest/best thing for a newborn to sleep in straight home from the hospital, for the first several months? I am confused with the choices

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Newborn sleep

Yes, there indeed are many options for newborns to sleep in.
Let me explain what we want, and then choose based on this. The baby needs a firm surface in an uncluttered environment. No bumper pads, pillows or stuffed animals. Ideally, not loose blankets - can place in a sleep sack or newborn sleeper. These can be accomplished with a bassinette, a pack-n-play, a playpen or right into a crib.

In brief: Newborn sleep

Dr. Jonathan Jassey