What do I need to tell my fiance about my future health? I have growth hormone deficiency.

Dr. Moinuddin Mokhashi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Healthy, if treated
Possible lifelong gh treatment is indicated for adult growth hormone deficiency (ghd).
Depending on the cause of the ghd and other co-existing problems, various tests need to be done and monitored periodically by an endocrinologist. Overall prognosis on optimum treatment is good.

In brief: Healthy, if treated
Dr. Moinuddin Mokhashi
Dr. Moinuddin Mokhashi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Has come a long way
Growth hormone replacement has come a long way since the advent of recombinant dna technique for manufacturing of human growth hormone in the mid 1980s.
Before then, gh was extracted from cadavers (which brought up a host of problems including auto antibody formation and creutzfeldt–jakob disease). Duration of therapy and dose used will depend on the cause of ghd.

In brief: Has come a long way
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Larry Deeb
In brief: GH def in adult
You are probably ok.
. Do you have severe gh deficiency?. Do you need gh as an adult? Do you have other hormone deficiencies? If yes, then it might be more severe, but take the hormones you need and you should be healthy.

In brief: GH def in adult
You are probably ok.
Dr. Larry Deeb
Dr. Larry Deeb