What choices do I have for treating dermatosclerosis?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Clarify

There is no specific disease called "dermatosclerosis.
" do you mean scleroderma? If so, treatment options include drugs such as penicillamine, immunosuppressives, and antiinflammatory agents, but there is no definitive cure. If you mean something else, please let us know.

In brief: Clarify

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Mark Khorsandi
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Calcinosis

I see calcinosis around the elbow.
There are many options, one of them is surgical. Not all calcinosis has to be excised. Consider whether or not the location is restricting motion, causing pain, has eroded through the skin and potentially could get infected. Those are considerations for surgery. I treat patients with scleroderma of the upper extremity.

In brief: Calcinosis

I see calcinosis around the elbow.
Dr. Mark Khorsandi
Dr. Mark Khorsandi