What can I do to treat non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Many things
Work with your doctor to develop a good diabetes treatment regimen.
Try to utilize diabetes drugs that do not cause weight gain if possible. Start a consistent exercise and diet program. Eat more soluble fibers (oats, lentils, apples, berries...). Keep track of bs and keep close contact with your doctor.

In brief: Many things
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology
In brief: Diet and exercise
The first source of information would be the american diabetes association, which has available a huge amount of literature on the subject.
One can look up diabetes on google - but be careful that you realize that the material might not necessarily be checked for acuracy. I have recently released an informational dvd called "diabetes swweet 'n simple" which discusses the basics of the disease.

In brief: Diet and exercise
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Natalie Hodge
In brief: Personal Medicine+
Health gaming is an emerging medical field.
Mobile Health games can help. Physicians recommend water, increased veggie intake and walking 10k steps a day. Changing your behavior is HARD! Here is a health game that will help! Commit to tracking your nutrition and weighing in weekly. Losing just 10 pounds can reverse diabetic state. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/personal-medicine+/id846379884?m

In brief: Personal Medicine+
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Jack Hinkle