Can use of a recreational drug cause psychological trauma to someone? I think I have this from a very frightening experience after trying a drug

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Yes it can

It depends on the drug, the dose, and certainly your state of mind going into it.
There can be extremely frightening experiences with hallucinogens like lsd, peyote, marijuana, psilocybin, etc -- also all stimulants like Cocaine and meth. Some of these are not really "party" drugs but are used that way -- when the experience can be extremely intense and personal. Sometimes flashbacks are ongoing.

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Drug Use

Absolutely, if your trauma continues consult a clinical psychologist who treats drug abuse.
You now know what not to do so you have learned an invaluable lesson. Take care.

In brief: Drug Use

Dr. William Forsythe