What are the factors that make it more likely to get gestational hypertension?

Hypertension. First pregnancies, excessive weight gain, history of chronic kidney disease, chronic hypertension, auto-immune disorders, multiple pregnancies, diabetes are just some of the risk factors for the condition. If you have any of the above, it is important to be under close supervision of your obstetrician/perinatologist.
Several. Your risk for gestational diabetes is greater as you age. Your risk is greater if you have had gestational diabetes in a prior pregnancy, if you have a first degree relative with diabetes, if you have had a baby over 9 pounds, if you are obese, if you have had a stillbirth, or if you are black or asian or an american indian.