I have no motivation to do anything. All I do is work and sleep. I am on depression meds and they work to a point. How do I get outta this funk i'm in?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Depression

Medication is not enough to conquer depression, individual or group psychotherapy are very helpful in alleviating depressive symptoms.
Ask your doctor for a referral to someone who practices psychotherapy, ths will likely help you get out of the funk your are experincing. My best.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Remember what you used to enjoy and schedule yourself to do it everyday. Do one fun thing and one chore a day to stay balanced until you can increase your activity level. Be smart about this and take it one day at a time. We all have bad days. Keep in contact with your motivated loving happy friends. Seek out counseling to discuss any concerns or private problems.

In brief: Well, it sounds like

It is going to take more than depression medications.
You need more variety in your activities then just going to work & sleeping. It may be hard, but force yourself not to isolate. Get out once in a while too. Preferably in green spaces. Aim for at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Are you taking the time to eat healthfully? This is very important. Try to be be physically active every day. >>>>.

In brief: Well, it sounds like

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Depression

Response is better, as well as prognosis, if medications are used concurrently with psychotherapy.
Talk to your psychiatrist.

In brief: Depression

Talk to your psychiatrist.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali