Can you get an infection from a blue crab pinch? It was a very hard pinch and drew blood and split the finger nail. How do you know if it is infected?

In brief: Yes that is possible

When was your last tetanus shot? If you don't know or it has been more than 10 years, then please get one.
The problem with these types of injuries is that marine organism can create nasty infections. I used to be an undersea medical officer & almost all my divers with underwater injuries ended up with infections - no matter how well we cleaned things out. Signs of infection include an ^ in pain.

In brief: Yes that is possible

^ redness, pus, ^ swelling, red streaking, swollen lymph nodes (arm pit ), fever. Take care of this.