What can I do to keep from making my pain worse?

Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Pain worsening

It truly depends on the cause.
Treating the underlying ailment of course is the shortest course. Not overdoing it can help with many muscular or degenerative arthritis - stretching, modest exercise objectives in a little slower pace. Sometime medicines themselves can worsen pain - monitor the chronology of its introduction to detect this (antidepressants, histamine blockers, stimulants, opiates).

In brief: Pain worsening

It truly depends on the cause.
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Need info

The answer to your question actually starts with you.
I would keep a pain diary and write down what tends to increase your pain or decrease it. I would complete the diary for a week or so, then see a doctor and present them with this info and go from there.

In brief: Need info

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham