How long can a person with cirrhosis live who still drinks alcohol daily, doesn't eat very much or some days doesn't eat at all. ?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Cannot say...

...Conservative estimate would be weeks, but could continue on for years.
We were designed with fragility and resiliency. Other medical issues, extent of cirrhosis (the yellow indicates severe) and compliance with treatment (even while drinking). Info provided suggests several days to few weeks.

In brief: Cannot say...

Pathology

In brief: Under five years

When i trained, a diagnosis even of early cirrhosis in a person who continued to drink usually meant death within five years.
You're on lactulose and are jaundiced so things are progressing. Now, i'm betting there is somebody who loves you and wants you to stop. Alcoholic cirrhosis is partially reversible with sobriety. I'd love to hear that you chose life.

In brief: Under five years

Dr. Keegan Duchicela