Wife has a floating hernia on lower part of her stomach and its large. Is there danger ?

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Maybe

I have never heard of the term "floating" with regards to a hernia, but hernias can increase in size and cause pain and discomfort.
Sounds like an examination by a surgeon with significant experience in hernia repair is in order. Best of luck!

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle

In brief: Not familiar

With the term "floating" hernia.
Size is not as important as symptoms of pain with nausea or vomiting or lack of bowel movement. Sometimes a larger size can be more difficult to repair. Sometimes a ct scan can evaluate the hernia for concerns. Notify your surgeon of any changes ir concerns.

In brief: Not familiar

With the term "floating" hernia.
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery