Ok i've got refractive error. What should I do?

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: Or consider surgery

Depending on how much and what type of refractive error, glasses and contacts are good options, or you could consider surgery.
Modern techniques allow correction of almost any type of refractive error, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. More info at http://www.2020vision.Com/refractive_error.Html and www.2020vision.Com/procedures_lasik.Html.

In brief: Or consider surgery

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Get optical help

Refractive error is the ophthalmological term for a need for eyeglasses or contacts to allow sharp vision.
Almost everyone needs glasses at some time in their life and there is no social stigmata to wearing glasses although contacts can desguise this need. You will see better with the proper correction. See your ophthalmologist for the best correction.

In brief: Get optical help

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology

In brief: Glasses or LASIK

Those with a refractive error have the option of glasses, contact lenses or laser refractive surgery such as lasik.
I believe that for most adults, lasik is much safer than the life-time risk of wearing contact lenses. I suggest that you consult with a lasik surgeon and see if you are a good candidate.

In brief: Glasses or LASIK

Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Steven Seres