I am allergic to change in temperature?

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Physical urticaria

An exposure to cold can induce hives (urticaria) as the skin rewarms.
An allergist can perform an "ice cube test." similarly, a rise in core body temperature, as would be seen with exercise, hot tubs, (but not fever) can also induce hives; this is called cholinergic urticaria. Changes in temperature, weather -barometric pressure can trigger asthma as well.

In brief: Physical urticaria

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. William Jakavick
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Temperature change

You are likely not allergic to change in temperature as you are to change in the environment that results from the chnage in temperature.
I suggest seeing your dr or allergist to determine what it is that is causing your problem.

In brief: Temperature change

Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. Keegan Duchicela