Not sure why this happened, but doctor says I have joint sprain. Am trying to figure out what it is before I tell my boss.?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: What joint?

Please clarify what joint/area is involved; duration? Type of symptoms? What type of work you do? Construction or sale? These help with more accurately diagnosing your illness.

In brief: What joint?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Joint sprain

A sprained joint is when there is an injury to the ligament.
Ligaments give stability to a joint. When you sprain a joint such as an ankle you are stretching, partially tearing or completely tearing the ligament. This will cause swelling and sometimes bleeding beneath the skin. If the sprain is severe enough the joint can become unstable. Either way rest, ice, compression and elevation initially.

In brief: Joint sprain

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine