Not sure why this happened, but doctor says I have eye inflammation. Am trying to figure out what it is before I tell my boss.?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Speak to your doctor

If your doctor diagnosed eye inflammation, ask for an explanation about the cause, treatment, chance of it recurring, and any restrictions that you may have related to your work.
Eye inflammation only occasionally prevents you from performing your work duties (depending on your job).

In brief: Speak to your doctor

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Joseph Barakeh
Ophthalmology

In brief: Inflammation..?

Inflammation is when any part of the body becomes red, swollen, painful, and sometimes hot.
It is most commonly caused by injury, infection, or a non-infectious immune response. If your doctor did not mention infection, and you did not injure the eye, sounds like you have the last. It is not contagious and responds well to the drops he started you on. If repeat episodes occur, see the doc again.

In brief: Inflammation..?

Dr. Joseph Barakeh
Dr. Joseph Barakeh
Dr. Cindy Juster