My son has glioma. Where do I start?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: See a neurosurgeon
Gliomas are tumors of support cells of the nervous system called glial cells.
Most of them occur in the brain. Treament depends on the site and grade of the tumor. High-grade tumors are very difficult to cure, whereas low-grade tumors have a better prognosis. Surgical removal is possible, depending upon the site and degree of spread. See a neurosurgeon to determine the course of treatment.

In brief: See a neurosurgeon
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
In brief: Childrens/Univ.Hosp.
A regional childrens hospital or large university medical center. They will have the pediatric neurosurgical, medical oncology, pediatric rehab, and support systems that both you and your son will need in treating this tumor. Most local hospitals do not have the resources to deal with these complex cases.

In brief: Childrens/Univ.Hosp.
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Dr. Jonathan Dissin