My doctor has suggested a cortisone injection for my back. I have heard that cortisone is bad for you. What are the risks of having a cortisone

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Cortisone injections
Many doctors give cortisone injections and when used properly, many patients receive good to excellent responses.
This can be done without the cortisone being "bad" for you. If you do not trust your doctor, then i advise a second opinion.

In brief: Cortisone injections
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: True
It's true about the side effects of cortisone on the long run, but when you're taken a short course, it has very strong anti-inflammatory effect (much more than a regular pain-killer pills).
However keep in mind, it won't take care of your underlying problem. You have to find a permanent solution how to fix your back problem after the acute period has gone.

In brief: True
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina