My sister has jet lag. What should I tell her?

Dr. Robert Thilo
In brief: Jet lag remedy
Jet lag is a disruption of circadian rhythm caused by traveling to different time zones.
Basically adaption to the the local cycles of light and nutrition are the most effective means to adjust. If possible, a day or so before traveling, begin to change sleeping and eating times to those of the destination. Fasting for about 16 hours during travel and exposure to light also attenuates effects.

In brief: Jet lag remedy
Dr. Robert Thilo
Dr. Robert Thilo
Dr. Jay Lefer
In brief: A new TipTap
A cold has a beginning, a middle and an end.
It is best to ignore dthe symptoms, and the same for jet leg. However, your sister can eat a carbohydrate meal(pasta) before the trip, sleep, and on arrival eat a hiigh protein meal, sausages, bacon and eggs. Stay in daylight, and if it is difficult to sleep the first night away, take 10mg of ambien (zolpidem).

In brief: A new TipTap
Dr. Jay Lefer
Dr. Jay Lefer