Is it bad to sleep with earbuds in while listening to music? I've never done this but i want to try it a few times to see if it helps me sleep

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Sleep with earbuds

Generally speaking, it is better to sleep without earbuds in place.
If you do, no harm will come, as i presume you are not listening to loud music while you are trying to sleep. The bigger issue sounds like trouble sleeping. A noise generator in your bedroom, playing soothing sounds or music is a better choice than earbuds.

In brief: Sleep with earbuds

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox

In brief: Probably not

Prolonged earbud use can cause hearing loss especially you are playing music at a high volume.
The earbuds can also irritate the skin in the ear canal. Dock your smartphone or player and use a speaker instead. There are also apps for "white noise" that can help some fall asleep.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Marsha Davis