My sister has heart failure. What should I tell her?

Cause and drugs. She needs to know what caused her heart failure first, then there are medications that can help in alevating her symptoms.
Know options. The prognosis depends on the severity and cause for the heart failure. Nevertheless we have come a long way in the treatment of heart failure with multiple useful medications and devices such as defibrillator to make her feel better and live longer. Measures to correct the cause such as surgical valve repair, stent or bypass surgery may be applicable. She should talk to her cardio about options.