My sister has heart failure. What should I tell her?

Dr. Mohammed Numan
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Cause and drugs
She needs to know what caused her heart failure first, then there are medications that can help in alevating her symptoms.

In brief: Cause and drugs
Dr. Mohammed Numan
Dr. Mohammed Numan
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Know options
The prognosis depends on the severity and cause for the heart failure.
Nevertheless we have come a long way in the treatment of heart failure with multiple useful medications and devices such as defibrillator to make her feel better and live longer. Measures to correct the cause such as surgical valve repair, stent or bypass surgery may be applicable. She should talk to her cardio about options.

In brief: Know options
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology