My sister has developed mononucleosis. What is it exactly?

EBV infection. Mononucleosis is an infection caused by the ebstein-barr virus. Typically this infection causes a sore throat, swollen glands in the neck, and occasionally an enlarged liver and spleen. The infection also is associated with a feeling of loss of energy. This infection is contagious, can last a long time, and enlargement of the spleen is a risk if involved in contact sports.
Virus. It is a virus caused by ebv.Symptoms include fever, sore throat, fatigue, weakness, swollen glands on the neck/armpit areas, loss of appetite, night sweats.Mono virus is found in the saliva/mucus thus called kissing disease. Risk of rupturing spleen if enlarged, avoid physical activities/contact sports 3-4 weeks after u hv mono.No cure, supportive treatment, antibiotics only if w bacterial infection.