My parents are worried about my health now that I have insulinoma. Why? Is it bad?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: It's cancer!
Any type of cancer can understandably cause anxiety and fear within patients and their loved ones.
The prognosis of insulinoma depends on the stage at which it was diagnosed, and how it is responding to therapy. Surgery can often be curative, but if discovered in a later stage, it can be very difficult to treat.

In brief: It's cancer!
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: Tumor
Insulinoma is a growth or tumor of the pancreas.
Usually these are benign or no cancer. They produce excess Insulin an need to be removed to prevent undesirable symptoms. It is a operation that involves some risk but in the right hands should be straight forward.

In brief: Tumor
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery