My neighbors say my new doctor tends to overdiagnose everyone. He thinks I might have rectal cancer. Can you tell me the symptoms?

Dr. Donald Kim
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: See a specialist
Symptoms can include rectal bleeding associated with your bms, a change in bowel habits, a change in the caliber of your stool, (narrow stools), rectal pain and most important, no symptoms whatsoever. A physician can feel a rectal mass which raises one's suspicion.
The diagnosis can be made and confirmed by a colonoscopy performed by a colorectal surgeon or gastroenterologist.

In brief: See a specialist
Dr. Donald Kim
Dr. Donald Kim
Dr. David Stein
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Very nonspecific!
People who develop colon and rectal cancer often do not have any symptoms until the cancer is very large.
That is why screening colonoscopy is so important. Symptoms can include rectal blood, pain or pressure in the abdomen or while trying to evacuate stool and even crampy abdominal pain. It is really important if you have symptoms to see your physician or if you are 50 to get scoped!

In brief: Very nonspecific!
Dr. David Stein
Dr. David Stein
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery