My mother has roseola. What is it in a nutshell?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Do you mean rosacea?
This is a chronic skin condition causing red cheeks and sometimes acne.
People with this genereally blush easily. Unless it affects the eyes, it is typically harmless.

In brief: Do you mean rosacea?
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: Roseola
Roseola infantum or 3 day measle occurs in young kids not adults.
3 days high fever followed by gereralized rash on the 3rd day when the baby becomes afebrile.

In brief: Roseola
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: Roseola
Common viral illness, many children can have it and not develop the rash, it is a common cause of febrile seizures in toddlers and is not usually worrisome.

In brief: Roseola
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: Mother?
I don't think i've ever seen roseola in anyone over 5.
It's a mild viral illness consisting of 3 days of high fever followed by a 3-day pink spotty rash. It differs from measles in that it does not cause complications and it lasts much fewer days than measles with a lot less suffering. But i doubt anyone old enough to be a mother would actually have roseola.

In brief: Mother?
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky