My mother has difficulty falling asleep. Should I be worried for what this means?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: Expert evaluation

There are many factors to consider; then the question ''how serious'' can be addressed.
You would most likely note general indications such as associated difficulties (appetite, motivation, emotional availability, symptoms are getting worse or better); however, the kindest thing would be to offer to accompany your mother to her 1st app't.

In brief: Expert evaluation

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Worry won't help!

Insomnia is a common problem. The thing to do is to see your doctor to rule out medical issues and, if necessary, having a sleep study to assess the problem. There are many ways to help people with insomnia with or without medication.
Help her to get to her doctor.

In brief: Worry won't help!

Help her to get to her doctor.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Marsha Davis