My mom tried to teach us ways to stay healthy, but I got ear infection. Why is that?

In brief: Depends

The skin of the ear canal is susceptable to cracking if water remains too long, opening the skin to invasion by germs or fungus.
Water removal after swimming decreases that risk. The middle ear occasionally retains mucous if the eustacian tube blocks (cold/irritants/allergy) & germs invade from the throat. Middle ear infections are most common <2yo but can occur in anyone.

In brief: Depends

In brief: The two types...

...Of the most common ear infections are either complications of a runny nose (otitis media), or "swimmer's ear" (otitis externa).

In brief: The two types...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Jonathan Jassey