My lover has just been diagnosed with dry socket. I am worried but she acts like it is not a problem. Who can tell me what it means?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Dry socket
This condition occurs after tooth extraction, particularly after traumatic extraction, resulting in a dry appearance of the exposed bone in the socket, due to disintegration or loss of the blood clot.
It is basically a focal bone infection without pus and is accompanied by severe pain (alveolalgia) and foul odor. It is also called alveolar osteitis and alveolitis sicca dolorosa.

In brief: Dry socket
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Basically,
A dry socket will present as intense/increasing pain typically 48 hours after a tooth extraction.
It is caused by exposed bone in an area that has lost it's blood clot. Treatment is to have a medicated dressing placed into the affected area. Antibiotics will not help a dry socket.

In brief: Basically,
Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Jane Van Dis