Seizure-free for 20 yrs; discontinued 1000 mg Depakote over 2 months. No seizures, but new anxiety. Lower gaba? Withdrawal syndrome? How long? Treat?

Medication. If Depakote has helped you for seizures for 20 years, it can also help with mood changes and anxiety. If something has been working that long without side effects not advisable to stop it.
Antianxiety effect. I am glad your seizure have not recurred. Depakote is an effective anti anxiety medication. For these many years, you may have benefitted from the anti anxiety effect without being aware of the effect. Now that the antianxiety effect is gone your anxiety has resurfaced. See your doctor for suggestions about management.