I got stung by a wasp yesterday, when i woke up, my eye is swollen shut, lip swollen & my other eye is swollen, should I be checked out by a doc?

Dr. Fred Orlando
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe

Assuming you got stung near the eye, swelling it not unusual.
It is very often worse in the morning because of the affect of gravity while you are sleeping. The swelling should get better during the day. If there is increasing redness or pain then you should be promptly checked for an infection. Otherwise, if you are not too uncomfortable and things are improving you can give it a bit more time.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Fred Orlando
Dr. Fred Orlando
Dr. Kang Zhang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Allergic reaction

You had an allergic reaction to the wasp sting.
It would be good for you to get evaluated. There are medications that could reduce the reaction and the swelling in a more timely fashion. It is also important to note that you are allergic to bee stings because subsequent stings could cause a much worse, life threatening reaction called anaphylactic shock. Your doctor may recommend an epipen (epinephrine).

In brief: Allergic reaction

Dr. Kang Zhang
Dr. Kang Zhang
Dr. Jack Hinkle