I am working on losing weight. I eat mostly vegitables and fruit lately. How much protein do I need to each day? I am taking B12 & a multivutamin.

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: 0.5-1g / 1# body wt

Depending upon goals & what journals you read/believe, we typically recommend 0.
5-1g protein for every 1 pound of body weight. Of course, you need to exercise regularly, too. Be sure to incorporate strength, aerobic & flexibility into your regimen. Congratulations on your start to a healthier you! btw, aim for using up 500 cal more each day than you eat. That should lead to 1 pound loss each week.

In brief: 0.5-1g / 1# body wt

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. William Forsythe