My doctor diagnosed me with necrotizing fasciitis. Just checking - what's the best treatment.?

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care
In brief: Immediate surgery
With removal of all devitalized tissue combined with broad spectrum antibiotics.

In brief: Immediate surgery
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Surgery + antibiotic
Only treatment.

In brief: Surgery + antibiotic
Only treatment.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Surgery
The best treatment for necrotizing fasciaitis is surgical debridement of the involved tissue.
This should be done asap as the infection can spread quickly. It may require several debridements as well as prolonged dressing changes, antibiotics, possibly hyperbaric oxygen treatments and perhaps reconstructive procs to close the wound. Good luck.

In brief: Surgery
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Urgent care
This requires immediate treatment and hospitalization with appropriate antibiotics and debridement (surgical removal) of necrotic tissues.

In brief: Urgent care
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Barry Press
The key word here is IMMEDIATE.
Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Are you sure?
Most people with this diagnosis are gravely ill and in a hospital or er with fever and significant pain.
Maybe he said plantar fasciitis (chronic pain in the sole of the foot)?

In brief: Are you sure?
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: I hope you're kiddin
This is a life threatening emergency.
You need knowledgeable care now.

In brief: I hope you're kiddin
This is a life threatening emergency.
You need knowledgeable care now.
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Edward Zimmerman
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Treat ASAP!!
If you truly have narcotizing fasciitis, it is serious.
You have no time to be playing on the internet! this is an aggressive, usually bacterial, infection that ofter requires a multi faceted approach: identify the organism(s) for appropriate IV antibiotic coverage; surgical removal of the dead tissue; consideration for hyperbaric oxygen treatments and careful monitoring in a medical facility.

In brief: Treat ASAP!!
Dr. Edward Zimmerman
Dr. Edward Zimmerman
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care