My doctor diagnosed me with an eye infection. Just checking - what's the best treatment.?

Eye infection. There are lots and lots of causes of eye infections, including viruses and bacteria as well as fungi. Your eye doctor can tell you which it is.
Depends. Eye infections can occur on the lids, skin of the eye (conjunctivitis), cornea (keratitis), or inside the eye (endophthalmitis). Treatment will at the very least include antibiotic eye drops. Depending where in the eye and the cause of the infection, oral and or intravenous antibiotics may also be necessary. Ask your doctor to explain your condition.