My doctor diagnosed me with an eye infection. Just checking - what's the best treatment.?

Dr. Thomas Riney

In brief: Eye infection

There are lots and lots of causes of eye infections, including viruses and bacteria as well as fungi.
Your eye doctor can tell you which it is.

In brief: Eye infection

Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

Eye infections can occur on the lids, skin of the eye (conjunctivitis), cornea (keratitis), or inside the eye (endophthalmitis).
Treatment will at the very least include antibiotic eye drops. Depending where in the eye and the cause of the infection, oral and or intravenous antibiotics may also be necessary. Ask your doctor to explain your condition.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Adam Smith