My brother was diagnosed with joint sprain. Any tips or suggestions for him?

Dr. Michael Kissenberth
Sports Medicine
In brief: See full answer
Joint sprains are very common usually as a result of trauma or overuse.
Typically, sprains resolve nicely with rest, activity modifications and occasional anti-inflammatory medications. Physical therapy is very helpful in the rehab process to speed up your recovery. Significant joint injuries with swelling should be evaluated for more serous injuries.

In brief: See full answer
Dr. Michael Kissenberth
Dr. Michael Kissenberth
Dr. Ty Endean
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Rest
I depends on what joint in the body do give a complete answer. That being said a general rule of thumb for a joint spain is rest, ice and anti-inflammatories for discomfort.

In brief: Rest
Dr. Ty Endean
Dr. Ty Endean
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine