My brother has pinworms. What should I tell him?

Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: An infection
Pinworms are a parasitic infection caused by ingesting (eating) the eggs of the pinworm. If one doesn't wash his or her hands after touching a contaminated surface or item then he/she can get pinworms.
The symptoms include anal itching. The treatment is to take one chewable pill and wash all bedding in hot water. It is wise to treat the entire family (at least the children). Treat again in 10 days.

In brief: An infection
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: Treat yourself and a
Treat yourself and bedmated with appropriate medication, put underware pjs and appropriate sheets in hot cycle of washing machine repeat 7-10 days later, incidentally scrub nails with brush soap and water if scratching aroun rectum.

In brief: Treat yourself and a
Dr. Philip S Steinfeld
Dr. Philip S Steinfeld
Dr. Jonathan Jassey